small businesses provide work for the majority of Americans
and create 70 percent of all new jobs each year
Don Manzullo (R-IL), Chairman, House Small
“Our small businesses provide work for the majority of Americans
and create 70 percent of all new jobs each year,” said
Small Business Committee Chairman
Manzullo (R-IL). “They need freedom from excessive taxation,
surging health care costs, burdensome regulations, abusive
lawsuits and skyrocketing energy costs to continue to provide
opportunities for working Americans.”
· The right to join together to purchase affordable health
insurance for small business employees, who make up a large
portion of the millions of Americans without health care
· The right to simplified tax laws that allow family-owned small
businesses to survive over several generations and offer them
incentives to grow.
· The right to be free from frivolous lawsuits that harm
law-abiding small businesses and prevent them from creating new
· The right to be free of unnecessary, restrictive regulations
and paperwork that waste the time and energy of small businesses
while hurting production and preventing job creation.
· The right to relief from high energy costs by reducing our
nation’s reliance on imported sources of energy and encouraging
environmentally sound domestic production and conservation of
· The right to equal treatment with large businesses when
seeking access to start-up and expansion capital and credit.
· The right to open access to government procurement through the
breaking up of bundled contracts to give small businesses the
ability to compete for federal government business.